What do they say?

X

Xen

This isn't the correct forum for my request, but there doesn't seem to be a "general questions" section.

Just to be clear, I'm a non-muslim, anglo-saxon englishman with no knowledge of arabic. Some years back I bought these two plaques with inlaid mother-of-pearl simply because I like the calligraphy, but I have no idea what they say - though I believe they might be quotation from the Koran.

Can someone enlighten me?

Little 2.png

Hi Xen, I am not sure if someone explained these or not….
The first one is a verse in Quraan which Say: He is Allah, the One! (1) Allah, the eternally Besought of all! (2) He begetteth not nor was begotten. (3) And there is none comparable unto Him. (4)

The second one is saying Allah is the light of the heavens and earth.

Thanks Dr Hasan for your help. Also thanks Xen for choosing this forum to post your question, if you need help in calligraphy just participate your posting in this Forum.

Hi Xen, I am not sure if someone explained these or not….
The first one is a verse in Quraan which Say: He is Allah, the One! (1) Allah, the eternally Besought of all! (2) He begetteth not nor was begotten. (3) And there is none comparable unto Him. (4)

The second one is saying Allah is the light of the heavens and earth.

Thank you so much for that response. The question has been bugging me for years. Thank you.

You are welcome, Xen, I hope to see more participation in this forum

Back